Goat Cheese & Mushroom Toast
Balsamic vinegar adds just the right amount of kick to sauteed meaty mushrooms for a toast that goes from snack to lunch.
- PREP TIME: 5 MIN
- COOK TIME: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVES: 4
- In medium bowl, whip goat cheese on high speed with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the thyme, sage, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Using the toaster, adjust the browning control to setting 4 and place 2 slices of bread in the toasting slots. Press the lever down fully to begin toasting cycle. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Spread the whipped goat cheese among each toast slice and top with the mushroom mixture.
- 8 oz. herb goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 4, ½" thick slices French bread