Cardamom Rose Doughnuts
Light and Sweet
Cardamom lends a spicy herbal note to baked doughnuts that are light and perfectly sweet; best enjoyed at tea time with Cardamom Rose Tea.
- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- COOK TIME: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVES: 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two doughnut pans.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tea, oil, egg and vanilla until egg is fully incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until batter is formed. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag and cut off the tip. Pipe the batter into the prepared doughnut pans and bake for 23-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the pans on a wire rack to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl whisk together the glaze ingredients. Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and place on a wire rack until the glaze is set.
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup room temperature Cardamom Rose Tea
- 3 Tbsp. softened coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Cardamom Rose Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1-2 Tbsp. Cardamom & Rose Tea