Strawberry and Almond Tabbouleh
Subtly sweet quinoa, crunchy almonds, and tangy goat cheese combine for a tabbouleh salad that’s perfect for summer potlucks.
- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- COOK TIME: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVES: 6
- Using your Russell Hobbs Tea Kettle, prepare two cups of raspberry mint tea.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the tea and quinoa to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes until the tea has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Add the strawberries, onion, dried cherries, almonds, mint and goat cheese to the bowl.
- 2 cups Raspverry Mint Tea
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ⅓ cup cinnamon almonds, chopped
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh mint, chopped
- 4 oz honey goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a glass jar with a lid, add the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until oil has combined with the lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to combine.
- This dish goes great on its own, or on side of pork or grilled chicken.