One Juicy Bite
Peppery arugula adds a nice bite to a juicy grilled steak slathered with creamy horseradish sandwiched between crusty bread slices.
- PREP TIME: 35 MIN
- COOK TIME: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVES: 4
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a large zip top bag, pour in coffee liqueur, coffee, garlic, vinegar and oil and place the steak inside.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the marinade into the steak. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Grill steak for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Move the cooked steak to a large cutting board and let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes. Thinly slice the steak.
- For assembly, using the toaster, adjust the browning control to setting 4 and place 2 slices of bread in the toasting slots. Press the lever down fully to begin toasting cycle. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Spread horseradish among four slices of bread. Layer with sliced steak, tomato and arugula. Top with remaining slice of bread.
- 1 lb skirt steak
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup coffee liqueur
- ½ cup cold coffee
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 slices Pane Toscano bread
- 4 Tbsp. horseradish
- 1 medium greenhouse tomato, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula