Open Face Chicken Salad Toast
Grab a Napkin
Hearty wheat bread stands up to the saucy chicken salad that's packed with all of your favorites, including pecans for crunch and dried cherries for a tart kick.
- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- COOK TIME: 0 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVES: 4
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, grapes, celery, apple, cherries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the Greek yogurt mixture over the chicken mixture and stir to coat.
- Using the toaster, adjust the browning control to setting 4 and place 2 slices of bread in the toasting slots. Press the lever down fully to begin toasting cycle. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Top each toasted bread slice with chicken salad.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup green or red grapes, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small Gala apple, chopped
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. honey Dijon mustard
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 slices wheat bread