- PREP TIME: 5 MIN
- BREW TIME: 5 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVES: 2
- Pour the milk into a milk frother and press button to froth.
Note: if you do not have a milk frother, add the milk to a glass jar with a lid and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds, until the milk doubles in size. Remove the lid from the jar and place the jar in the microwave. Microwave for 30-40 seconds, until the milk is hot, but the jar is not too hot to pick up.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract to create a peppermint simple syrup.
- Pour the chocolate sauce into the bottom of two coffee mugs. Pour the peppermint simple syrup over the top of the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Top with the coffee and stir. Pour in the warmed milk and top with any extra foam. Drizzle with additional chocolate sauce and crushed peppermint sticks if desired.
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- Crushed peppermint sticks, for topping